Anger in the care home


 If someone came to your house forty times in one day you would be very annoyed unless you knew you they have something wrong with them and could not control it even then it would be harassment.

If you are in a nursing home where some people have dementia should bq resident be able to go to someone's room and into the room and something irrelevant? We are told this lady can't help it but whatever the reason is the effects on me or other people is very unpleasant and sometimes I find myself getting angry and shouting go away which has no effect q

If I sit down with her and talk and ask her not to visit me so much she denies ever coming since she walks round and round the building so many times especially in the evening that she looks exhausted. But I can't let her totally ruin my life.

The staff said they can't do anything because she's got dementia but if you or a friend of yours or the mother of a friend is in a home like this check with them whether this happens


and find out what the home does about it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meeting older people

Intimacy and friendship

Dementia is physical illness