Death of one of the residents

In a nursing home most of the residents will be there till they die. In this place most people are in the 90s and that means that eventually they going to die. My own personal view based on my own experience of grief is that it is much better to tell the other people that someone has died even if they cry and weep. The staff may need to give them a little support and of course the staff may be sad also. I have experienced it because I became very friendly with the lady of 94 in the next room and we had a lot in common. She enjoyed being read to and I was glad to do it. Quite right accident I spent time with her the gay that she died. I really miss her very much because nobody else wants to listen to my poetry. Although I had not known her long I loved here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meeting older people

Intimacy and friendship

Dementia is physical illness