The loss we suffer as we age

The face that was familiar is erased And now I feel the emptiness within A lonely heart,a mind that seems half crazed By losing him,how greatly have I sinned? The face so dear, seemed etched upon my heart I did not see the writing on the wall Now my heart is blank, how shall I start? Never love another in this life? Measure Mathematics on a chart? Learn the poet’s worth yet feel the knife? The dagger in the heart, the loss of blood Anaemic, faint and weak, where shall we go? Like the chained up slaves felt, where is good? The Arctic wastes of life, the frost the snow. I smile and look contented , understood My patient hands alone now sweat with blood

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meeting older people

Intimacy and friendship

Dementia is physical illness