Incarceration survived these to pleasure in nature

The joy we may be lucky enough to experience when were return to our homes and gardens after being in hospital or nursing homes does not seem to last for very long because we take these wonderful parts of life for granted. I am thinking of sitting in a garden or a park near the rose display sitting near a tree watching squirrel or just watching the leaves of the up and down in the wind all these little things can be so beautiful when you've been incarcerated especially for two years or longer. I would compare it with a reading of books slowly and savouring it. Some of us rush through a book to get to the end and then we start another one. the day after I came home the doorbell run and it was a very nice looking young man delivering the parcel from Amazon I didn't seemed just amazing to see a person with a smile on their face looking at me when I have been in my room most of the time in theand never saw anyone. when it was warm I sat on my front step and just looked at my garden path and it was a wonderful lovely feeling the previously I would have had to go to the Lake District to get. another thing that I recall about my first freedom was being outside after rain and smelling the green plants growing in different garden the beautiful odor that came from the earth because there was some hot weather in June and then there was rain so the earth was full of scents and perfumes and just beautiful smells of all kinds as well as being beautiful to look at. so being without something makes you enjoy it more when you get it and this sense then led to me realize how wonderful my own front step is

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meeting older people

Intimacy and friendship

Dementia is physical illness