Dementua and suicide... Is there a link?

I have been wondering whether there is any link between dementia and suicide or attempted suicide. in other word would people with dementia more likely to try to commit suicide? it's quite possible that there awareness of what is going to come might tempt some people but once as a mentor is fairly severe planning may not be very easy nor carrying out a plan. on reflection could it be the husband or wife if they have one who is more likely to commit suicide fearing the prospect on the future. perhaps this is a too rationae approach. so I am hoping to find some figures some studies of the subject. and in some countries where people are allowed to die if they feel their suffering too much mentally or physically could you ask to die if you knew that you're going to have severe dementia I think that is unlikely because from my experience with someone who is very severely affected I was 99 years old but she was able to enjoy talking to somebody if they could approach it in the right way and she was enjoying her daughter's and grand children she said to me one day that each day felt like a year m I would like it if there were more visitors going to care homes to talk to people because that is what everybody likes the last time I saw another lady with dementia when she was dying as I was leaving she said to me say goodnight everyone. and I said but it's only teatime me so she said I want you to say it. so I did and she died if you are as laz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intimacy and friendship

Dementia is physical illness

Meeting older people