Yes you can go home again

You can go home from a nursing home even if you've been there for more than a year. Why would you want to go home? Being helpless is conducive to bring along depression. and although there may be a choice of food this is not very wide. we were given pork several times a week probably because it's the cheapest meat that you can buy but if you're not very keen on pork it's trying. I lost several kilos while I was in the nursing home because if I couldn't eat what was offered there was nothing else sometimes there wasn't even so when you go home you can choose your own food etc however you will have become institutionalized that means that you are used to letting other people tell you what to do including washing you and dressing you and probably choosing your clothes for you and you don't deal with your own doctor yourself they ring the doctor if they're thinking it's necessary which is fine when you've got dementia m but if you don't have dementia you may very well want to speak to your and up to yourself and you can do this if you insist but it's not easy so when you go home you will become in charge of yourself but it will make you anxious to begin with. similarly during your medication might make you anxious. but it will get better after a few weeks institutionalisation happens to people in prison and in many ways being in a care home or in nursing home is like being in prison and in my case a whole year went by without going outside as t all. I'd like a hospital a nursing home is private and there is no one to ensure everything is okay but maybe it was better that I didn't know about these difficulties or I would have been afraid to come out and I suspect that by now I would have diedbut maybe it was better that I didn't know about these difficulties or I would have been afraid to come out and I suspect that by now I would have died because is suffered from a three very severe test infections I dreamt of my husband f****** suitcases telling me I am to go home and eventually I did but it wasn't easy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intimacy and friendship

Dementia is physical illness

Meeting older people